About the Role
We are currently looking to recruit a knowledgeable, personable and experienced Quantity Surveyor.
You will join our friendly team of site investigation specialists across the country, working out of our Chester office.
Responsibilities of this role include, but are not limited to:
• Liaising and Reporting to the ROM and to the Commercial Manager
• Liaise with the Company Estimating team, Clients and Project Managers
• Management of commercial and contractual aspects of relationships with Clients, and subcontractors
• Aid estimators to compile and issue tenders and analyse subcontractor quotations and make recommendations for placement of orders
• Measure, price, negotiate and agree budgets and costs for variations to project scope
• Check project costs are correct and raise/resolve queries where necessary
• Attend pre-contract meetings, liaise with a wide range of construction professionals, and ensure timely completion of agreed actions
• Produce and maintain up to date procurement schedules
• Compile subcontract orders for approval
• Assess subcontractor payment entitlement and process payments
• Carry out reconciliation of cost and value to date/forecast to keep the Project Team and Financial Director informed of project performance
• Work closely with contract and site management staff to support the smooth running of the office and the site, carrying out other duties as required
• Assist in the guidance and development
• Mentoring, Coaching and technical development of more junior staff
• Leading by example to achieve goals and championing quality.
• Collaborating with other engineers to ensure the integrity of the delivery.
• Enhancing team’s reputation by delivering high quality work on time and budget.
• Building and maintaining relationships with clients on projects.
Degree qualified in Civil Engineering/Quantity Surveying, MSc desirable
Chartered Professional and Assessment of Professional Competence (APC) desirable,
Essential Experience & Competencies:
Well-rounded experience gained from working in either a contracting or consultancy background.
Proven experience acting in a quantity surveyor role with experience managing NEC3, NEC4 and bespoke contracts
Good motivational, communication and people management skills
Experience and understanding of the needs and approaches to ground investigation specialism markets, including relationships with clients, work planning and commercial management.
Experience managing commercial aspects of projects.
Excellent report writing skills with the ability to self-check and produce accurate deliverables.
Team player, self-starter and problem solver with a mature approach.
Flexible to travel for short assignments.
Ability to work as part of a larger operations team
Fully familiar with MS Word, PowerPoint, Excel, Outlook, etc.
About the Company
We’re often the first on-site on any construction project, certainly when it comes to breaking ground. We work in a wide variety of sectors including utilities, industrial and commercial, education new build, highways and rail infrastructure, contaminated land redevelopment, onshore and offshore energy and environmental.
Many years of geotechnical and geoenvironmental site investigation and laboratory testing experience have taught us that everything has to be right from day one.
To achieve this we encourage as much engagement with our client and other stakeholders at the planning stage, and we strive to put effective communication and production of high-quality data at the heart of everything we do.
We are committed to creating a diverse environment and we’re proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, colour, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin,
genetics, disability, or age.
All our office facilities are COVID Safe and we have implemented industry-leading safe working procedures for our site works