Geotechnics’ Lucy Diaper Named as Rising Star by Women in Rail
We congratulate Lucy Diaper on being named one of the Top 20 Rising Stars in the UK rail industry.
Women in Rail, an organisation which aims to provide networking opportunities and support for all women in the sector, launched a survey in April to identify and celebrate the current crop of rising stars.
The survey was the first of its kind, intended to create a shortlist of remarkable women who have already made an impact in the early stages of their career. Women in Rail asked men and women across the industry to nominate women who have demonstrated outstanding technical abilities and personal values, who have shown potential in shaping the future of our industry or displayed tremendous initiative and pro-activity, women whose behaviour and professionalism has been exemplary and who have inspired others to support fellow women to opt for a career in rail.
There were over 120 nominations, with Lucy being the only geotechnical engineer to make the top 20. She is also the only woman on the list from an independent specialist company, and has joined representatives from the likes of Network Rail, Atkins and Arup.
“I was not expecting it. It came as a bit of surprise, but it is great news,” said Lucy. “It’s great to know I can have great opportunities to work on a wide range of different projects of all sizes and complexities and that I can still make an impact on the industry and those I work alongside”.
Geotechnics’ Managing Director John Booth - who nominated Lucy for the award – said "Lucy has been able to draw together the interests of stakeholders by understanding design requirements, overcoming logistical challenges, and delivering technical excellence. I'm very pleased for Lucy that her work and the importance of good ground investigations have been recognised".
- Case Studies
- GO SAFE
- Staff Spotlight
- Staff Spotlight: Rob Webster
- Staff Spotlight: Charlie Kendall
- Geotechnics’ Lucy Diaper Named as Rising Star by Women in Rail
- Staff Spotlight: Mike Bridgman
- Staff Spotlight: John Booth, Managing Director
- Staff Spotlight: Tom Birch
- Staff Spotlight: Chris Swainston, Principal Environmental Engineer
- Staff Spotlight: Ian Boyle
- Staff Spotlight: Paul Hayes, North West Manager
- Staff Spotlight: Lucy Diaper
- Staff Spotlight: Matt Yates
- Staff Spotlight: Claire Priestley
- Staff Spotlight: Adam Rodgers
- Staff Spotlight: David Cage
- 2017 Dec
- 2017 Nov
- 2017 Oct
- 2017 Sep
- 2017 Aug
- 2017 Jul
- 2017 Jun
- 2017 May
- 2017 Apr
- 2017 Mar
- 2017 Feb
- 2017 Jan
- 2016 Dec
- 2016 Nov
- 2016 Oct
- 2016 Sep
- 2016 Aug
- 2016 Mar