How to Keep Your Phone Battery Alive for Longer
When you’re working alone, you have to be prepared in case of emergency. A mobile phone is essential to have, but everyone knows how quickly your battery can drain. Even in the very latest smartphones, battery life is a big issue. When you’re out on site, you need to be able to rely on your phone whenever you need it. Here’s 4 ways you can extend your battery life…
1. Turn off anything you don’t need
If you don’t need an app right now, switch it off. Even when you’re not using them, apps can continue to work in the background and eat up your battery. If you don’t need them, make sure to switch off mobile data, Bluetooth and Wi-Fi as well. These functions can end up wasting your battery, as they keep searching for a connection that you may not need.
2. Turn down your screen’s brightness
It’s a simple equation: the brighter your phone is, the more power it’s using. The more power it’s using, the shorter your battery life will be. By just turning down the brightness of your screen, you can help maintain your phone’s battery for longer.
3. Enter power saving mode
Many phones have a power saving mode that can be a big help when you need every bit of charge you can get. You can often find this in your phone’s settings. By going into power saving mode before you start work, you’ll make your phone’s battery last as long as possible.
4. Bring a power bank with you
Long day ahead? Do you think you may need more charge than your phone can hold? Bring a power bank with you. These act as a back-up battery, and can be charged before you go to site in the same way as a normal phone. When your mobile is running low, just attach your power bank and you’ll give your battery a second life.
Who do I need to reach in case of emergency?
How can I keep my phone's battery going for longer?
- Turn off anything you don't need
- Turn down your screen's brightness
- Enter power saving mode
- Bring a power bank with you
- Accreditations & Standards
- Case Studies
- GO SAFE
- Danger! Danger! High Voltage!
- GO SAFE: FAQ on PPE
- PPE: Your Last Line of Defence
- A Night in the Life (Infographic)
- Night Shifts and Mental Health
- Working at Night: How to Manage Your Sleep Schedule for Night Shifts
- The Night Shift: Introducing our New GO SAFE Campaign
- Hear Today, Gone Tomorrow
- Hear Today, Gone Tomorrow: Introducing our New GO SAFE Campaign
- Invasive Species: Introducing our GO SAFE Pocket Guide
- How to Protect Wildlife on Site
- Invasive Species: Beware of the Giant Hogweed!
- Power to the People
- How to Keep Your Phone Battery Alive for Longer
- Lone Working: Lone, But Not Alone
- Healthy Eating: The #GOSAFE Guide [Infographic]
- Healthy Eating: Introducing our New #GOSAFE Campaign
- The Handy Guide to Vibration White Finger - Video
- Vibration: Know Your Limits [Infographic]
- Not Shaken, Not Stirred: Introducing our New #GOSAFE Campaign on Vibration
- Checklist: What Should I Do If I Find Asbestos On Site?
- Asbestos: The #GOSAFE Guide
- Asbestos: Where Are We Now?
- Are you Asbestos Aware? Introducing our new #GOSAFE campaign...
- Site Investigation
- Staff Spotlight
- 2018 Jun
- 2018 May
- 2018 Apr
- 2018 Mar
- 2018 Feb
- 2018 Jan
- 2017 Dec
- 2017 Nov
- 2017 Oct
- 2017 Sep
- 2017 Aug
- 2017 Jul
- 2017 Jun
- 2017 May
- 2017 Apr
- 2017 Mar
- 2017 Feb
- 2017 Jan
- 2016 Dec
- 2016 Nov
- 2016 Oct
- 2016 Sep
- 2016 Aug
- 2016 Mar