Are you Asbestos Aware? Introducing our new #GOSAFE campaign...
Would you know what to do if you found suspected asbestos on site? This month's #GOSAFE campaign will help you protect yourself from this hidden killer...
In our work as ground investigation specialists, we may come across possible asbestos on site. Though it was used for years for everything from roofs to plumbing, exposure to this hidden killer has been linked to a range of serious health issues - including lung cancer, mesothelioma, asbestosis and pleural thickening. This led to the UK government banning asbestos for use in construction in 1999.
Despite the ban, asbestos is not a problem of the past. You are still likely to find asbestos on brownfield sites which were developed before the turn of the millennium. Even now, 20 tradesmen die every week from illnesses linked to asbestos exposure. This is why it is so important to understand the processes we need to follow with asbestos: on site, in our laboratory and in our stores.
Over the course of the campaign, we will be publishing a series of infographics, blogs and more to help you understand the risks and what you need to do to protect yourself. Look out for our posters and signs on site, and follow us on social media to get all the latest updates on #GOSAFE.
- Case Studies
- GO SAFE
- How to Keep Your Phone Battery Alive for Longer
- Lone Working: Lone, But Not Alone
- Healthy Eating: The #GOSAFE Guide [Infographic]
- Healthy Eating: Introducing our New #GOSAFE Campaign
- The Handy Guide to Vibration White Finger - Video
- Vibration: Know Your Limits [Infographic]
- Not Shaken, Not Stirred: Introducing our New #GOSAFE Campaign on Vibration
- Checklist: What Should I Do If I Find Asbestos On Site?
- Asbestos: The #GOSAFE Guide
- Asbestos: Where Are We Now?
- Are you Asbestos Aware? Introducing our new #GOSAFE campaign...
- Staff Spotlight